Baytown Nature Center Featured
The Baytown Nature Center sits on the west side of Baytown on a 450-acre site and is comprised of two connected peninsulas surrounded by three bays. The nature center is home to more than 300 species of birds and numerous species of butterflies, mammals and aquatic organisms. The Baytown Nature Center is an official site on the Great Texas Coastal Birding Trail and has been designated a "U.S. Important Bird Area" by the American Bird Conservancy. Several species of threatened and endangered birds rely on the area for migration, feeding, and nesting. These outstanding features make the Baytown Nature Center a popular destination for birdwatchers. Visitors can also enjoy hiking, fishing, and picnicking. The Baytown Nature Center is open daily all year round, except during inclement weather. Gates open 30 minutes before sunrise and close 30 minutes after sunset. Children age 12 and under are free. For more information, check out the web site at: http://www.baytownnaturecenter.org/.
281-424-9198 | 6213 Bayway Drive, Baytown, TX 77520 | Check website for pricing
- American Basket Flower. American Basket Flower.
- Armadillo. Armadillo.
- Sunflowers and view of San Jacinto Monument. Sunflowers and view of San Jacinto Monument.
- Egret in the distance. Egret in the distance.
- Red wing black bird. Red wing black bird.
- Bluebonnet. Bluebonnet.
- Blumble bee on flower. Blumble bee on flower.
- Long-billed Dowitcher Long-billed Dowitcher
- Mottled ducks. Mottled ducks.
- Egret. Egret.
- Great egrets in flight. Great egrets in flight.
- Caspian Tern Caspian Tern
- Eagle wood carving. Eagle wood carving.
- wood carving. wood carving.
- Wood carving in action. Wood carving in action.
- Monarch pupa. Monarch pupa.
- River otter. River otter.